Types of Personal Information Collected
(A) Information You Provide to Us
Personal Information and Demographic Information. If you complete a contact form on this website, we ask you to provide us with certain kinds of information such as: (1) personal information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, like your name, e-mail address, home address and phone number, and (2) demographic information, such as gender, your occupation or geographic information. We may collect this information through various forms and in various places on the websites, including, without limitation, the following places:
- consultation request forms, “contact us” forms, chat, or emails,
- survey participation interfaces, or
Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; driver’s license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
Information that you provide to us through the contact form or an online chat will be used for the purpose of responding to your inquiry and for future communications. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out (unsubscribe) as described below.
(B) Information We Collect and Store as You Access and Use the Website
In addition to any Personal Information, Demographic Information, or other information that you choose to submit to us, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect or store certain usage information whenever you visit the website. This information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device whenever you visit or interact with our website. This usage information may be tracked and stored on web server logs (records of site activities). Examples of the type of information we may collect include:
- your IP address, UDID, or other unique device identifier;
- your device functionality;
- multiple device website access information;
- the URL that referred you to our site, your website browsing history, and the practice areas and pages within our website that you visit;
- your device location and characteristics; and
- other device data.
There may be other tracking technologies now and later devised and used by us in connection with the websites.
If you have submitted personally identifiable information through our website and would like that information deleted from our records, please contact us and provide us with the requested information. We will use reasonable efforts to delete this information from our existing files.
(C) Interactions with Third-Party Sites
The website may include functionality that allows certain kinds of interactions between the website and your account on a third-party site or application. The use of this functionality may involve the third-party operator providing certain information, including personal information, to us. If we offer and you choose to use this functionality to access our website, the third-party site or application may send personal information about you to the website.
How personal information is protected
We take certain security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not defeat our security measures. Further, we will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- to agents, vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with an established relationship we have with them;
- if we are unable to assist with your matter, but know an attorney or firm that may be able to help you, we may refer you and share information you provided us with that party; and
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another firm or liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
How information about you is used
- to determine whether we are able to represent you
- to provide you with information such as: electronic newsletters, special offers or promotional and marketing materials, including to let you know about new products, services or upcoming events;
- to enable you to participate in all of the site’s features and to process your registration, including verifying that your information is active and valid;
- to improve the websites, our marketing endeavors or our service offerings, and to customize your experience on the websites (such as serve you specific content that is relevant to you);
- to provide appropriate level of customer support and to be able to contact you with regard to your use of the website and, in our discretion, changes in site policies;
- for our business purposes or those of third party-partners that we share your information with;
- to contact you via phone, email or hard-copy mail with information about our service offerings; and
Some information submitted to the websites via a “contact us” or other similar function may not receive a response.
Use of information that you disclose publicly or to others
A. User provided content. The website permits you to submit various types of content, including text and personal information, such as on blogs and message boards. We, or others may store, display, reproduce, publish, distribute or otherwise use this content online or offline in any media or format and may or may not attribute it to you. Others may have access to this content and may have the ability to share it with third parties. Please think carefully before sharing information. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available through the website or what others do with information you share.
B. Name and likeness . We may also publish your name, likeness and other information that is part of your content, and we may use it for advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional activities.
Information related to accounts outside the United States will be transferred to the US
Privacy concerning children
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy on the internet. We do not use the website to knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 without a parent’s knowledge and consent. If you are a child under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to use the website and should not send any kind of information about yourself to us. In the event that we become aware that we have collected information from any child, we will dispose of that information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.