ABC Law Centers is proud to offer our Disability Advocacy Scholarship! Our firm will award one annual scholarship in the amount of $1,000 to an undergraduate or graduate student planning to pursue a law or public policy career focused on disability advocacy.
The Disability Advocacy Scholarship award will be granted by a panel of judges to a single applicant who meets the below criteria and has submitted all required application materials outlined below by the deadline of July 31st.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled at an institution of higher education in the United States (either as an undergraduate or graduate student).
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
*Scholarship is not available to present or future clients of ABC Law Centers (owned by Reiter & Walsh, P.C.).
Applicants must submit the following materials by July 31st:
- A completed application form (see: “Submission” below)
- An academic transcript
- A response to the following prompt:
Describe your interest and/or your personal experience in disability advocacy. What does advocacy mean to you? How do you plan to incorporate disability advocacy into your career?
You may choose to submit one of the following as your response:
- An essay of approximately 750 – 1,000 words. Please use 12 pt. Times New Roman font and double space your work. Also include your last name, page numbers, and the scholarship name in the header. Files must be in PDF format.
- A creative project. Examples can include, but are not limited to: photo projects; video or other multimedia presentations (videos not to exceed five minutes); creative writing; or performance pieces.
How to Submit
Google Submission Form
In order to fill out the scholarship Google form below, please make sure you are signed into your Google account. If you are not signed in, you will not be able to see the application below and submit your form. If you do not have a Google account, you may make a new one. Please note, there is no charge to create a Google account – it is free to everyone.
Once you are signed into your account, please follow the instructions on the form below and submit when you are finished. You will receive a copy of your answers.
The $1,000 check will be sent directly to the applicant’s school. We also publish a feature piece on the winner, including a short bio, their university name, and a photo. We also publish the winning essay or creative project if given permission by the winner, although this is not mandatory. You can view the past year’s winning entries below!