I had prenatal care at a federally-funded clinic/community health clinic and my child had a birth injury. Can I pursue a case?

Just because a clinic or health center is federally funded doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t pursue a case. Free clinics and tribal clinics, for example, are covered under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), which means that those treated there have recourse to justice, even though the path to pursuing a case may differ slightly. Under the Affordable Care Act of 2010, free clinic employees, officers, board members, and contractors may be deemed federal employees under the FTCA, allowing individuals injured by medical negligence on the part of free clinics to seek justice. For more information on seeking justice for medical malpractice that occurred in a federally-funded clinic, please visit the HRSA website.

The attorneys at ABC Law Centers have nearly 100 years of combined experience in helping families impacted by birth injuries. Our firm handles solely birth injury, providing us with the experience necessary to successfully litigate these complex cases. If you feel that your child was injured at birth due to a mistake at a federally-funded health clinic, the birth injury attorneys at Reiter & Walsh ABC Law Centers can help. Attorneys Jesse Reiter and Rebecca Walsh have been listed among U.S. News and World Report‘s “Best Lawyers in American” and attorney Euel Kinsey has been listed in the New York Times’ “Top Attorneys in Michigan.” We would be happy to provide you with a free case evaluation and discuss your legal options.

Free Case Review  |  Available 24/7  |  No Fee Until We Win

Call our toll-free phone line at 888-419-2229
Press the Live Chat button on your browser
Complete Our Online Contact Form

Related Resources