My baby had a birth injury at a military hospital. Can I pursue a case?

In many cases, yes. Although many government institutions have immunity from malpractice lawsuits, the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) allows individuals to seek justice, provided that they are not active servicemembers at the time of the injury. Often, those who pursue military hospital medical malpractice cases are the spouses or dependents of the active servicemember. This can get somewhat complicated if the injury occurred at an overseas clinic, however, as these cases are sometimes conducted under the Military Claims Act. This is a separate system for pursuing a claim. Because of the nuances of the law, it is imperative that individuals seeking justice for children with birth injuries select an attorney well-versed in both military medical malpractice and birth injury.

ABCLawGroup 3878a 002 The attorneys at Reiter & Walsh ABC Law Centers have nearly 100 years of combined experience in helping the families of children with birth injuries, and veteran litigator Euel Kinsey has extensive experience handling military hospital malpractice cases under the FTCA. Reiter & Walsh ABC Law Centers is one of the only firms in the United States that practices exclusively birth injury; contact us for a free consultation 24/7:

Free Case Review  |  Available 24/7  |  No Fee Until We Win

Call our toll-free phone line at 888-419-2229
Press the Live Chat button on your browser
Complete Our Online Contact Form

Related Resources