ABC Law Centers awards one scholarship per year in the amount of $1,000 to a student who has cerebral palsy. Our annual scholarship is designed to increase awareness about cerebral palsy (CP) and celebrate the achievements of those with cerebral palsy.
The Cerebral Palsy Scholarship is presented to a single applicant as determined by a panel of judges who meets the below criteria and has submitted all required application materials outlined below by the deadline of July 31st.
To be considered, students must:
- be seeking or enrolled at an institution of higher education in the United States.
- have cerebral palsy
- have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Scholarship is not available to present or future clients of ABC Law Centers (owned by Reiter & Walsh, P.C.).
To be considered for ABC Law Centers Cerebral Palsy scholarship, students must submit the following application materials by by 5 p.m. (EDT) July 31st.
- A completed application form
- An academic transcript
- The Project in response to the following prompt:
Describe your relationship with cerebral palsy. You may discuss obstacles you’ve overcome, distinct perspectives you have because of your CP, or any other ways in which you have been influenced by CP.
You may choose to submit one of the following as your Project:
- An essay of approximately 500 – 1,000 words. Please use 12 pt. Times New Roman or similar font and double space your work. Also include your last name, page numbers, and the scholarship name in the header. Files must be in PDF format.
- A creative project. Examples can include, but are not limited to: photo projects; video or other multimedia presentations (videos not to exceed five minutes); creative writing; or performance pieces.
In order to fill out the scholarship Google form below, please make sure you are signed into your Google account. If you are not signed in, you will not be able to see the application below and submit your form. If you do not have a Google account, you may make a new one. Please note, there is no charge to create a Google account – it is free to everyone. Once you are signed into your account, please follow the instructions on the form below and submit when you are finished. You will receive a copy of your answers.
or fill out the form below:
The $1,000 check will be made payable to the school or program in which the applicant wishes to participate. We also publish a feature piece on the winner, including a short bio of the winning student, their university, and a photo. We also publish the winning essay or creative project if given permission by the winner, although this is not mandatory. You can read these features and past year’s winning entries below!