Bloomfield Hills Birth Injury Attorneys
ABC Law Centers (Reiter & Walsh, P.C.) was established in 1997, as a firm that would focus exclusively on birth injury cases. Our office is located in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, near the intersection of Long Lake and Woodward. Although we have strong local roots, we also work with clients throughout the state of Michigan and across the country.
Our attorneys and in-house medical consultants work tirelessly to advocate for children who are experiencing the lasting effects of medical malpractice during pregnancy, delivery, or the neonatal period. Our specific focus on birth injury and infant malpractice enables us to provide unparalleled legal service to our clients.
Types of birth injuries we handle
The attorneys at ABC Law Centers have experience working on cases involving a wide variety of birth injuries. Some of the most common include the following:
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE): This is a type of brain damage caused by insufficient oxygenated blood during the birthing process (birth asphyxia).
- Traumatic birth injuries: These are injuries caused by excessive force during delivery, also known as “birth trauma.”
- Cerebral palsy (CP): CP can be caused by damage to the parts of the brain responsible for controlling movement. It can result from birth asphyxia, traumatic brain injuries, and other complications.
- Intellectual/developmental disabilities (I/DDs): I/DDs, or cognitive impairments, resulting from birth injury often occur alongside other disabilities such as cerebral palsy. However, some children may have I/DDs without showing any signs of physical impairment.
- Epilepsy/seizure disorders: One especially important early sign of birth injury is neonatal seizures. Many children with birth injuries also go on to develop longer-lasting seizure disorders such as epilepsy.
Multi-million dollar settlements
Our legal team often secures multi-million dollar settlements in birth injury cases. These settlements can be completely life changing to families, enabling them to provide their child with the best care and resources available. Raising a child with a disability/chronic health issue can be incredibly expensive, but securing a settlement can provide financial security and peace of mind.
Our attorneys have been recognized by a number of prestigious national organizations, such as the U.S. News & World Report, The New York Times, and Martindale-Hubbell. Closer to our office in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan we have been recognized by Michigan Lawyers Weekly, dBusiness Magazine, Metro Detroit, and Hour Detroit.
For more information, please click here.
Although we highly value our awards and other professional achievements, we are even more proud of our glowing client testimonials. Here is just one example:
“When you see your child suffer because of someone’s mistake, you want justice. As a mother you want someone in your corner to fight as hard as you would, and I luckily found that in Jesse Reiter and his staff…Is my son cured because of Jesse Reiter and his staff? No, but my son will now have a better future because of them!” – Wendy
Read more of our client testimonials, and watch video testimonials, here.
Please contact our Bloomfield Hills, Michigan birth injury lawyers today for more information. The initial case review involves no obligation to pursue a case, and is completely free of charge. In fact, clients pay nothing throughout the entire legal process unless we win or obtain a settlement! Feel free to reach out to our team using the live chat service, or in any of the following ways:
Free Case Review | Available 24/7 | No Fee Until We Win
Phone (toll-free): 866-502-7791
Press the Live Chat button on your browser
Complete Our Online Contact Form