The Reiter & Walsh, P.C. Annual Birth Injury Scholarship
Help our team improve awareness and understanding of birth injuries through the “Birth Trauma, Neonatal Injury and Disability” scholarship.
As part of our ongoing commitment to heighten awareness and understanding of preventable birth injuries, Reiter & Walsh, P.C. is pleased to announce the continuation of their annual scholarship. A scholarship for financial assistance in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded each year to a high school, undergraduate, or graduate student who is influenced, in any way, by birth trauma, neonatal injury and disability.
Because of our firm’s unique area of legal focus on birth injury, we’re able to work with children, clients, experts, charities, and other professionals in this field. While their experiences and expertise vary greatly, they are all brought together by birth trauma. Below is a list of applicants we’ve received in the past–however, we encourage any student who has been influenced by birth trauma, neonatal injury and disability to apply. These groups include, but are not limited to:
- Students who experienced a birth injury
- Students who have an immediate family member with a birth injury
- Adaptive recreation specialists
- Students studying, or aspiring to study, special education teaching, policy or law
- Any other academic pursuit, goal, or experience that relates to birth injury, neonatal injuries and/or disability
- Medical, nursing or rehabilitative medicine/therapy students focusing on birth injury/disability rehabilitation and care
- Neonatal nursing students
- Medical and medical research students
- Pediatric therapy and rehabilitation students
- Disability caregiving students
The 2018 scholarship will be awarded to a single applicant who submits the following required items by July 31, 2018.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S citizen or permanent resident
- Applicant must not be a past, present or future client of Reiter & Walsh, P.C.
- Applicant must:
- Be currently enrolled in high school, college, or a graduate program and
- Have either personally sustained a birth injury (see our Practice Areas for a list of injuries) or have an immediate family member affected by a birth injury, or be influenced in another explainable way by birth injury, neonatal injury, or disability.
- Have a GPA of at least 2.75
Requirements (for more detailed, requirements, download our official application here)
Applicants must submit by 5 p.m. (CST) July 31, 2018:
- A completed application (click here for the Birth Trauma, Neonatal Injury and Disability Scholarship Application Form)
- Academic records
- Evidence of diagnosis from doctor or medical center (if applicable)
- Essay or creative project about birth injuries
- A short explanation of what applicant plans to do with funds if received
The completed application, essay or multimedia project and certified transcript should be emailed to:
- email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- [Subject Line] Birth Trauma, Neonatal Injury and Disability Scholarship Application Materials
For materials that cannot be sent electronically (such as official transcripts or certain creative projects), applicants may send materials to:
- The Scholarship Committee
- Attn: Scholarship Application (Birth Trauma, Neonatal Injury and Disability Scholarship)
Reiter & Walsh, P.C.
Bloomfield Hills Office
122 Concord Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304