Euel Kinsey, J.D.
Euel Kinsey: Detroit, Michigan birth injury lawyer serving clients throughout the U.S.
Euel Kinsey joined ABC Law Centers (Reiter & Walsh, P.C.) in 2016 as a partner and senior attorney. A veteran litigator, Euel has handled a variety of cases across the United States. He is admitted to practice in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Mississippi, and Texas, as well as the 5th and 6th Circuits of the U.S. Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Euel has handled cases in numerous areas of legal practice. However, his primary focus is on medical malpractice litigation, specifically birth injury/birth trauma, and this is what brought him to the ABC Law Centers team.
In birth injury cases, Euel has obtained several verdicts and settlements worth millions of dollars. His largest verdict to date involved an FTCA birth trauma case in the Federal District Court in Wisconsin, which resulted in a net verdict of nearly $21,000,000. The settlement is calculated to pay out more than $80 million over the lifetime of the plaintiff.
His dedication to helping injured children and supporting sound medical care extends beyond the courtroom. Euel is a long-time affiliate of Lifeline Pilots, an organization that provides people in medical and financial need with access to free transportation on a small aircraft to distant healthcare facilities. Euel has also lectured EMTs, paralegals, and firefighters.
Overall, Euel is very active in his community. He has many years of experience coaching soccer and softball, and has served on the Board of Directors for two local sports organizations. From April 2011 through November 2012, Euel served as a Trustee on the Chippewa Valley School Board, the 9th largest district in Michigan, and served on the Curriculum and Finance Subcommittees.
Euel is also a member of several Barbershop Quartets. The Forum Shoppers is composed of attorneys who perform around the State of Michigan singing an unusual variety of songs including satires about lawyers and judges, as well as conventional barbershop arrangements and gospel numbers. The Forum Shoppers had the honor of singing the National Anthem at Comerica Park for the Detroit Tigers for six consecutive years. He is also a member of Coda Honor and the Gentlemen Songsters.
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (Detroit, Michigan), Juris Doctor
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Business Administration
Memberships and honorary appointments
- Admitted to practice in Michigan (Since 1984)
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Western District of Michigan
- Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania
- Admitted to practice in Arkansas (Since 1997)
- Admitted to practice in Wisconsin (Since 2002)
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Admitted to practice in Mississippi (Since 1998)
- Northern District of Mississippi
- Southern District of Mississippi
- Admitted to practice in Tennessee (Since 1997)
- Admitted to practice in Texas (Since 1997)
- Admitted to practice in U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Admitted to practice in U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Admitted to practice in the U.S. Supreme Court
Bar foundations and associations
- State Bar of Michigan:
- Council Member of the Aviation Law Section
- Past Chairman of the Aviation Law Section
Birth Trauma Litigation Group (BTLG)
American Association for Justice (AAJ)
Michigan Association for Justice (MAJ)
Pennsylvania Association for Justice (PAJ)
Other groups and associations
- Case evaluator: Macomb and Wayne Counties
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law: Adjunct Professor
- Chippewa Valley School Board: Trustee: Apr. 2011 – Nov. 2012
- Lifeline Pilots:
- Member, Board of Directors (Current)
- Chairman of the Board: 2008 – 2010
- Past Vice Chairman
- Featured in the “Best Lawyers In America,” U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers” for Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs: 2018, 2019
- “Top Rated Lawyer in Medical Malpractice” by The American Lawyer and Martindale-Hubbell™: 2017
- AV Preeminent rating (5/5 stars) with Martindale-Hubble for Legal Ability and Ethical Standards: 2000 – 2019
- “America’s Most Honored Professionals – Top 1%” – American Registry
- Martindale-Hubbell Top Rated Lawyer
- Top 50 Michigan Consumer Attorneys, Super Lawyers: 2017
- Recognized by Michigan Super Lawyers Magazine: 2010 – Present
- Top Attorneys in Michigan, New York Times: 2012-2013
- Leading Michigan Lawyers, Michigan Bar Journal: 2015
- Top Attorneys in Michigan, Crain’s Detroit Business and Hour Detroit, 2014 – 2016
- Top Lawyers in Michigan, The Legal Network: 2012-2015
- Leading Lawyers, DBusiness Magazine, Crain’s Detroit Business, and Hour Detroit: 2013 – Present
- dBusiness Top Lawyers: 2018
- Top Lawyers in Michigan, Leading Lawyers: 2013-Present
- Top Rated Lawyers: Litigation, ALM, The American Lawyer, The National Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel: 2016
- Top Rated Lawyers: Mass Torts, ALM, The American Lawyer, The National Law Journal, and Corporate Counsel: 2016
- American Registry of the Finest Lawyers in the World: 2013 – 2015
- American Registry of America’s Most Honored Professionals: 2015
- Sutton Who’s Who in American Law
- Aircraft Owner’s Pilot Association Scharples Award: 2006